Sunday, July 13, 2008

Noble Deer

Hello All!
Thought I would finally get back here to post something for you! So much for once a week, huh?? I will have to work on my timing!! Life just gets too busy for me sometimes (seems like ALL the time!).

I have one announcement that I forgot to put in my newsletter: Stampin' Up! is retiring their 3 current styles of HodgePodge Hardware and they are on sale for 25% off until August 10th or while supplies last (these styles are retiring only - i.e. copper, brass, and pewter - the HodgePodge Hardware itself will remain). If you would like to order please e-mail me.

Now, onto the fun! I am posting another Sketch Challenge from SCS for you - you can check it out here Sketch Challenge 181. I also used the Color Challenge 171, which is using the colors Soft Sky, Basic Black, and Kraft.


Here is my card:

I used the Basic Black as my background and added a layer of Soft Sky card stock which was stamped with the Sanded background using Creamy Caramel ink.


I stamped the image from Noble Deer (this is a retiring set) and colored in with markers. I layered onto the Basic Black and Kraft card stocks and added the Rub-on sentiment and Vintage brads. Not too shabby!!
It makes a nice masculine card.
I always need Thank you cards, so I am making a lot of these lately!


Recipe

Stamps: Noble Deer, Sanded
Ink: Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Markers
Paper: Soft Sky, Basic Black, Kraft, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Rub-ons

And here is the sketch for you all to try! (Remember - you don't have to use these colors - I am really challenging myself to do both challenges together - not so easy sometimes!)






























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this card! I'm always looking for good "guy appropriate" cards. This one definitely fits the bill. Great job, Paula! And I love how you used the sketch :-)