Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Duck Card

This will be the last duck........I promise! I love this duck and made 2 cards with him, so I wanted to show the 2nd one too. Then we will be on to bigger and newer things! This card also uses retired stamps and paper. The next cards I show will be made with current products. I made this card using my very favorite designer paper - Parisian Breeze (I bought extra before it retired because I like it so much)! This paper is thick like cardstock and the patterns are beautiful! Stampin' Up! has done a great job with the designer papers in the last few years - they have really come a long way! I stamped the duck, colored with markers, layered him onto Baja Breeze cardstock and then onto Chocolate Chip cardstock (I snipped the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch and added silver brads). I will post the entire recipe below. I love our punches and I used 4 of them on this card! The sentiment is framed using our new Modern Label Punch.


Stamps: Wagon Full of Fun, On Your Birthday
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Kraft CS, Baja Breeze CS, Chocolate Chip CS, Parisian Breeze DP
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, Silver Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch
I have a couple more cute cards made up for you. I will show them next week. Then I will have to get to work so I can keep this blog going! That is my goal this time around!
On the personal front, I had my first test in accounting this past week and I made a 98!!!! I was so darn excited! My first test in over 20 years..............I still have it..........I didn't lose all my brain cells!!! YAY!!! ( I would have had 100 but I changed 2 T/F answers - RATS!!)
Hope you like today's card!!

2 comments:

PaperSunshine said...

Just adorable and that is my favorite paper set of all :) I need to use it! I have been "saving it". Congrats on your test, of course you still have it :) Nice seeing your blog updates too!

PaperSunshine said...

Just adorable and that is my favorite paper set of all :) I need to use it! I have been "saving it". Congrats on your test, of course you still have it :) Nice seeing your blog updates too!