Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A New Era

Well, well, well, here I am again after a year off!! I started this stamping blog a little over a year ago, literally 2 weeks before I was laid off from my job of 20 years! I did manage to find a temp job for 10 months, but that is over now. I am once again unemployed, but just started back to college to learn a new profession. It has been a lot of fun (but a LOT of work too)! I had forgotten how much studying it takes to make good grades. And I am not even sure I will make good grades yet! But I am VERY happy to have a goal and some focus in my life again.

I think I have been in a sort of low-grade depression for the past year. I am coming out of that now and am ready to try and do some blogging again! I realize that to do this I will actually have to do some stamping as well! I do have a couple of cards I will show you in the very near future. I want to be sure this blog is still working first (and see if I can remember how to post things on it). I just had a new blog banner made for me by Michelle Laycock (Laycock Designs) and my blog updated by Heather-Wright Porto (Blogs by Heather). Thank you ladies!! Check out all those cute kitties Michelle made for me!!!

Stampin' Up! has just come out with some new rules for their demonstrators, so I will post all Stampin' Up! work on here, and I won't be able to link to people with blogs that don't sell Stampin' Up. I am not even sure if I can post sketches from other places on here - and that is the only way I can create on my own. I think more will be clarified for us in the near future.

I will also try to use this blog to keep you updated with things that change during the month in between newsletters. And I will try to keep links to the most recent mini-catalogs and main catalog on the sidebars of my blog (but no guarantees - those who know me well, know that computing is NOT one of my forte's!!) I will try to get the newest Holiday Mini-catalog linked up there by this weekend - maybe even tonight if it is easy!!!

I think this will be a bit of a stress reliever for me - something fun to do between study sessions! And I AM taking an intro computer class - so who knows where that might lead?? (It actually motivates me to want to try new things on the computer!) So, here I am again! I hope you didn't all give up on me!

P.S. - I did it!! I got the Holiday mini up on the sidebar for you!!!




No comments: