Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Whoa, more than a week went by since my last post!! I bet you thought I wasn't coming back again, huh??? But I did!!! I have to admit - life since starting school and my new part-time job has not given me a lot of time to stamp!!! But I did have this card up my sleeve for you. I hope you like it!
This card was a challenge to myself to use designer paper I don't particularly like! I am not an "orange" person. I love this Razzleberry Lemonade DP from Stampin' Up!, but didn't quite know what to do with the orange papers. So I pulled them out and started playing. The stamp comes from the same set as the cat on the chair (I posted a card using that stamp earlier). The set is called Peace Within. I colored with my markers again. I like the way it turned out.....................for an orange card! I made it into a get well card - my friend's daughter has lymphoma and has been in chemo every 2 weeks for the past 6 months. I have been trying to send her cards to cheer her up. This will be her last week of chemo - and this is the card I will send her.


Recipe:
Stamps: Peace Within; Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Soft Suede, Basic Black
Paper: Apricot Appeal CS, Soft Suede CS, Whisper White CS, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Accessories: Markers, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Grads, Soft Suede dotted ribbon


1 comment:

PaperSunshine said...

Wow, you did great with a color/designer paper you didn't like! I have the hardest time and end up just not using them so I am impressed :) Great card too!
Lori